Independent Living at Thoburn Village
Are you ready for freedom and security in your retirement? Our maintenance-free homes and apartments allow you the time to focus on your passions. Enjoy an active lifestyle and all of the benefits of owning a home but with none of the headaches! Additionally, if you need care in the future, you will have priority access to Wesbury’s full continuum of care and services.
What Sets Us Apart?
Thoburn Village Villas
Nestled in a lovely setting of trees and plantings, our neighborly villa-style homes offer spacious floor plans with a choice of two or three bedrooms. All include laundry, kitchen, dining, and living rooms as well as heated one- or two-car attached garages, manicured lawns, and full interior and exterior maintenance. Choose from the many beautiful homes that have already been constructed on our campus. To view more villa images and floor plans visit Wesbury’s Campus Map.
Villa Floor Plan Examples
Thoburn Village Apartments
Amidst a quiet, wooded landscape, Wesbury’s apartments offer a selection of versatile one- and two-bedroom floor plans — all designed for comfort, easy care, and accessibility. All include laundry, kitchen, dining, and living areas as well as heated one-car attached garages. These feature-filled apartments await your personal touch and treasured belongings.
Apartment Floor Plan Examples
The Clubhouse at Thoburn Village and Life Enrichment
Located in the heart of the Wesbury community, the Clubhouse at Thoburn Village serves as a community center and not only offers a social space for fun and activities, but also includes:
In addition, residents of Thoburn Village may enjoy the following:
For the latest activities and programs check out Wesbury’s Monthly Calendars
Services & Amenities
Thoburn Village Residents enjoy the following Services:
- Complete exterior and interior maintenance, including furnished appliances
- All utilities including local and long distance telephone and basic cable TV
- Property tax and insurance on the structure
- Professional lawn care and snow removal
- 24 hr security and emergency response
- Individual mailboxes and mail delivery
- Private heated One or Two Car Garage
- Local ambulance membership
- Social, recreational, fitness and cultural programs at the Thoburn Village Clubhouse
- Transportation for local medical appointments and Wesbury events
- Chaplaincy programs and support
- Residents’ Council membership
- Priority access to Wesbury’s Rehabilitation, Enhanced Living and PC, Skilled Nursing and Memory Support Center
Services Available for a Fee:
- Housekeeping, Caregiver Services, LifeAid, Meal Delivery and additional services through Wesbury at Home
- Cable Package Upgrades
- Dog Park – Annual Fee
- Salt charge for water softener
Community Amenities and Benefits
- 110-acre private, beautifully landscaped campus
- Nearby golf courses, lakes and outdoor attractions
- Exercise room and Wellness center
- On-Site Medical Center
- Sunset Auxiliary Gift Shoppe
- Neighborhood Grill
- Clubhouse at Thoburn Village
- Free wireless internet locations
- Video conferencing using Skype technology
- Community room and Campus Community Center for entertainment, lectures and special events
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Craft/Recreational rooms with billiards, and Wii
- Two on-site Chapels
- Catering Services and guest dining
- Guest accommodations and parking
- Nature trail and outdoor gardening areas
- Picnic pavilion and gazebo
- Volunteer opportunities
- Art studio
- Sewing room
- Activities kitchen
- On-site access to public transportation with CATA
- Public Notary Services
Residents and visitors are welcome to enjoy meals in the Cribbs Dining Room or book a special occasion in any of our large common areas such as the Campus Community Center, Cribbs Community Room, and Lingo Dining Room.
Meal delivery services are available for a fee to Thoburn residents. There are two options. You may call the Cribbs Residential Center kitchen directly when desired or arrange for a set meal delivery schedule through Wesbury at Home.
Dining at the Neighborhood Grill
The Neighborhood Grill is open five days a week and is open to employees, residents, and visitors. A wide variety of items are available for purchase including: made to order weekly specials, healthy and comfort food choices, grab and go items, and soup and salads.
Hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Grocery Delivery and Pickup
There are a number of local grocery stores that offer home delivery and/or curbside pickup service. These include Valesky’s, TOPS, Giant Eagle, Walmart, and Aldi. Please call the store directly to learn more.
Schedule a Tour
For more information or if you would like to set up a tour of Thoburn Village, please contact Melissa at 814-332-9009, or submit an information request online.