Wesbury COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information
Updated: June 29, 2020
Providing a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff is our greatest concern. Wesbury Administration is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH), which continues to evolve.
To stay informed, continually monitor our website, Facebook page (search for Wesbury Retirement Community), or call the Wesbury Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015 to hear a recorded message with the latest updates. You may leave a message on this line with questions and concerns. We will respond as soon as possible.
Automated communication: In the event that we have an important announcement, illness, or emergency, we will use an automated system to send out a timely and consistent phone message to the responsible party and first emergency contacts. Texts will be from an 800 number, and calls will come from 814-332-9015. If you have any questions, please call 814-332-9238.
Please note: As Crawford County goes to “green light” status on Friday, May 29th, to avoid confusion, please be aware that this does NOT reduce restrictions for long-term care facilities. Per the PA Department of Health, we must remain closed to visitation until further notice.
Please click on the links below for current information.
+Current Regulatory Guidelines, Restrictions, and Limitations in Effect
The Wesbury leadership team and emergency preparedness team continue to monitor guidance from regulatory authorities on the potential spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the potential of cases in our county and facility.
- All facilities remain closed to visitation except for residents who have an end of life status and for approved medical personal.
- Approved visitors are screened and are provided with the appropriate protective equipment.
- The only entrance that may be utilized is Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby.
- All who enter the Wesbury campus and/or Grace Lobby are asked to wear a mask upon entry.
- Staff is screened before starting their shift.
- To communicate with residents, we offer Window Visits, Skype, and FaceTime appointments. Prescheduled appointments are required. To schedule an appointment for Grace or Memory Support call 814-332-9014, for appointments at Cribbs call 814-332-9294, and for appointments at a Care Cottage call 814-332-9186.
- Resident windows are not to be approached due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
- Family transportation for residents to medical and other appointments is suspended.
- Families are permitted to drop items off for Cribbs and Grace Residents at Grace Lobby daily between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Items must be labeled. Go into Grace Lobby and follow the signs. There are no restrictions. Homemade foods, fresh flowers, and produce are permitted. Call 814-332-9000 with questions.
- Resident Laundry may only be laundered by Wesbury.
- In response to social distancing, the activities teams are providing virtual ways to stay active.
- All speakers, outside groups, and events are canceled.
- We are seeking donations of homemade masks and safety gear such as safety glasses, goggles, Tyvek suits, non-latex gloves. Please bring your donations to the Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby entrance.
+Resident Item Drop-Off Information
Starting June 29th, Wesbury is permitting families to drop off items for residents of Cribbs and Grace any day of the week during Grace Lobby hours which are 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., or by appointment. Deliveries may be unattended for a period of time at the drop location. If there is an item of value, families should call the switchboard and make special arrangements at 814-332-9000.
When dropping off items:
- Families making deliveries must be masked. Come into the Grace Lobby entrance and take the items directly to the counter to the right of the entrance. There will be a sign pointing to the counter and signs on the counter.
- Items must be labeled, if they are not, there are labels and pens available at the counter.
- Staff will disinfect items and see that they are delivered.
+Seasonal Clothing Exchange
To exchange out of seasonal clothes for summer attire, phone 814-332-9014, and provide your contact information and the resident’s name. Once the list of interested families has been compiled, we will call each family to schedule an appointment.
+Skype, FaceTime, and Window Visit Options
Wesbury is offering the opportunity to connect with your loved ones during this difficult time with Skype, FaceTime, and Window Visits.
Window Visits allow families to come to a designated window to see and speak to loved ones over the phone at Cribbs, Grace, and in the Care Cottages.
As a reminder, we kindly ask that families/friends do not approach resident room windows due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
+Request for Homemade Masks
We need your help! Wesbury is calling for volunteers to make washable masks. They do need to be made from 100% cotton fabric. Click on the instructions below to learn how to make them; the instructions were created by Meadville resident, Darcie Schoenfeldt-White. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
+Request for Personal Protection Equipment
Wesbury is seeking donations or opportunities to purchase (from businesses) any masks, non-latex gloves, goggles, safety glasses, and isolation gowns/Tyvek suits (like painters or construction workers might use). Wesbury is also calling for donations of any materials for making washable masks. These items include 100% cotton material, elastics strips, and pipe cleaners. For purchasing opportunities contact Justin Reynolds at email: email@example.com, or phone: 814-332-9337. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will make every effort to make updates as changes occur. If you have any further questions, please contact Administrators Larry Marsteller at 814-332-9520 or Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of our community!
Click on the Links Below for More Information:
PA Department Of Health
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
CDC: Prevention and treatment
WHO: Myth busters