Wesbury COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information
Updated: October 19, 2020
Providing a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff is our greatest concern. Wesbury Administration is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH), which continues to evolve.
To stay informed, continually monitor our website, Facebook page (search for Wesbury Retirement Community), or call the Wesbury Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015 to hear a recorded message with the latest updates. You may leave a message on this line with questions and concerns. We will respond as soon as possible.
Automated communication: In the event that we have an important announcement, illness, or emergency, we will use an automated system to send out a timely and consistent phone message to the responsible party and first emergency contacts. Texts will be from an 800 number, and calls will come from 814-332-9015. If you have any questions, please call 814-332-9238.
Wesbury COVID-19 Positive Test Information: On October 14, 2020, Wesbury received notice of its first positive case of COVID-19. The per diem employee, who works at both Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center and Cribbs Residential Center, had worked in our facilities two days prior to testing positive and is quarantined at home following appropriate medical guidance. Contact tracing was conducted. We tested all staff and residents on October 15th and 16th. On October 19, 2020, the October 15 and 16 COVID test results indicate 2 new positives; 1 Grace staff and 1 Grace resident. There are no cases at Cribbs. The staff member is quarantined at home, and the asymptomatic resident has moved to our COVID unit at Grace. We are conducting new contact tracing. We will retest all staff & residents on October 20 and 21.
We are fully committed to the fulfillment of our mission and have diligently prepared for the impact of the COVID-19 crisis in our community for the past seven months. In accordance with guidance published by the Centers for Disease Control, Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, we have worked to limit exposures and diligently maintain our infection control procedures to address the specific risks presented by COVID-19. We have prepared staff, accumulated resources, and enlisted the cooperation of residents and their families as we face this unprecedented challenge together. With this development, we are working closely with the Health Department and implemented pre-planned measures to contain the virus.
Please click on the links below for current information.
The Administration and staff at Wesbury would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in us to provide care for your loved one during these uncertain times. We feel that family visitation is very important. Your patience as we navigate the ever-changing guidance to provide various forms of that visitation is greatly appreciated.
We currently offer window visits and virtual visits through FaceTime and Skype.
Visitation is available by prescheduled appointment. Available days and times vary by care level. Call for current scheduling options. Further instruction will be provided when your visit has been scheduled.
Visitors who wish to bring items for a resident must drop the items off at the Grace Lobby to be sanitized and delivered.
Pets are permitted. They must be on a leash.
+Current Regulatory Guidelines, Restrictions, and Limitations in Effect
The Wesbury leadership team and emergency preparedness team continue to monitor guidance from regulatory authorities on the potential spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the potential of cases in our county and facility.
- To communicate with residents, we offer Skype and FaceTime video call appointments. Prescheduled appointments are required. To schedule an appointment for Grace or Memory Support call 814-332-9014, for appointments at Cribbs call 814-332-9294, and for appointments at a Care Cottage call 814-332-9186
- We must remain closed to all visitation with the exception of end of life situations and approved personnel.
- Approved visitors are screened and are provided with the appropriate protective equipment.
- The only entrance that may be utilized is Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby.
- All who enter the Wesbury campus and/or Grace Lobby are asked to wear a mask upon entry.
- Staff is screened before starting their shift.
- Resident windows are not to be approached due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
- Family transportation for residents to medical and other appointments is suspended.
- Families are permitted to drop items off for Cribbs and Grace Residents at Grace Lobby daily between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Items must be labeled. Go into Grace Lobby and follow the signs. There are no restrictions. Homemade foods, fresh flowers, and produce are permitted. Call 814-332-9000 with questions.
- Resident Laundry may only be laundered by Wesbury.
- In response to social distancing, the activities teams are providing virtual ways to stay active.
- All speakers, outside groups, and events are canceled.
- We are seeking donations of homemade masks and safety gear such as safety glasses, goggles, Tyvek suits, non-latex gloves. Please bring your donations to the Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby entrance.
+Resident Item Drop-Off Information
Starting June 29th, Wesbury is permitting families to drop off items for residents of Cribbs and Grace any day of the week during Grace Lobby hours which are 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., or by appointment. Deliveries may be unattended for a period of time at the drop location. If there is an item of value, families should call the switchboard and make special arrangements at 814-332-9000.
When dropping off items:
- Families making deliveries must be masked. Come into the Grace Lobby entrance and take the items directly to the counter to the right of the entrance. There will be a sign pointing to the counter and signs on the counter.
- Items must be labeled, if they are not, there are labels and pens available at the counter.
- Staff will disinfect items and see that they are delivered.
+Request for Homemade Masks
We need your help! Wesbury is calling for volunteers to make washable masks. They do need to be made from 100% cotton fabric. Click on the instructions below to learn how to make them; the instructions were created by Meadville resident, Darcie Schoenfeldt-White. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
+Request for Personal Protection Equipment
Wesbury is seeking donations or opportunities to purchase (from businesses) any masks, non-latex gloves, goggles, safety glasses, and isolation gowns/Tyvek suits (like painters or construction workers might use). Wesbury is also calling for donations of any materials for making washable masks. These items include 100% cotton material, elastics strips, and pipe cleaners. For purchasing opportunities contact Justin Reynolds at email: email@example.com, or phone: 814-332-9337. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will make every effort to make updates as changes occur. If you have any further questions, please contact Administrators Larry Marsteller at 814-332-9520 or Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of our community!
Click on the Links Below for More Information:
PA Department Of Health
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
CDC: Prevention and treatment
WHO: Myth busters