Wesbury COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information
COVID19 and Visitation Information: Updated November 9, 2021
The Administration and staff at Wesbury would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in us to provide care for your loved one during these uncertain times. We feel that family visitation is very important. Your patience as we navigate the ever-changing guidance to provide various forms of that visitation is greatly appreciated.
Communication regarding our current COVID19 cases and visitation policies is provided as follow:
- Website details are kept current.
- The Wesbury Coronavirus update line is kept current. To listen call 814-332-9015.
- An automated call and or text is sent out with each new case to: Residents, staff, board members, each resident first emergency contact and each residents responsible party.
- If you have any questions about communication please call 814-332-9009 for the Marketing/Communications Department.
Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center And Cribbs Residential Center Visitation:
When there are active Covid19 cases at Grace or Cribbs, vaccinated residents ARE permitted INDOOR visitors, however, unvaccinated residents are only permitted visitors when the resident has been approved for a compassionate care visit by the Administration. Appointments are not required for visitors in either location.
When there are zero active Covid19 cases at Grace or Cribbs then visitation is open to all residents.
End of Life and Compassionate Care visits: When there are active Covid19 cases, unvaccinated residents may not have visitors unless they have been approved for end of life or compassionate care visitation. To request this type of visit please contact Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142. She will review each situation and grant a visit when the situation meets the required criteria as defined by CMS and the Department of Health (DOH).
Grace visitation details
Visits are no longer limited to one hour and visitation hours are as follows:
|Monday through Friday||9:30 am – 11:30 am|
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
|Saturday and Sunday||10:30 am – 11:30 am|
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Visitation hours are subject to change depending upon the facilities outbreak status.
- All visitors should enter through the front entrance of Grace and must be screened.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask for source control at all times. This will be provided for them at the switchboard.
- Visitors are permitted to visit for any length of time during visitation hours.
- Visitors may visit more than once per day if desired.
- Visitors may bring food and beverages into the facility for the resident. However, the visitor may NOT dine with the resident as this would require removal of visitor’s mask.
- Visitation should occur ONLY in the resident room or an outdoor area. Visitation should NOT occur in common areas around other residents.
- In room visitation remains two visitors at any one time, but visitors may rotate as desired during normal visitation hours.
- All visits to unvaccinated residents, when approved/permitted, require full PPE.
- If a resident is dependent for dining, and a family member wishes to feed the resident at meal time (which is outside of normal visitation times) special permission may be granted to do so for the benefit of the resident.
- Pets may visit if properly registered with Grace Switchboard according to Wesbury’s Pet Visitation Policy. They must be on a leash.
- Call 814-332-9000 with questions.
Cribbs Visitation details:
- Cribbs is open to visitation daily at any time.
- Visitation hours are subject to change depending upon the facilities outbreak status.
- Visitors may enter the Cribbs building through the front or rear entrance but must be screened at the Cribbs reception desk or the Grace Switchboard before the visit begins.
- If the front entrance of Cribbs is locked at the time of arrival or if no one is at the reception desk to provide screening, then go to the front desk at Grace for screening before the visit at Cribbs takes place.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask for source control at all times. This will be provided at screening.
- Visitors may bring food, beverages and any item to residents, but may not dine with them due current requirements.
- Pets may visit if properly registered with Cribbs Administration according to Wesbury’s Pet Visitation Policy.
- Call 814-332-9294 with Questions
Visitation at Wesbury at Home Care Cottages is open. Appointments are required. Wesbury at Home Care Cottages offer Skype, FaceTime, and indoor visits. Visits may be scheduled by calling 814-332-9186
The Wesbury Response to COVID-19
Providing a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff is our greatest concern. Wesbury Administration is following guidance and direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH), which continues to evolve.
Through this difficult time, our staff has shown extraordinary compassion and dedication to ensure the well-being of Wesbury residents. The outpouring of support and prayers from the resident families and the community has been incredible, and we are deeply grateful.
As we learn of a positive COVID-19 case, we are implementing procedures designed to mitigate the spread of the virus. They include:
- Public health officials are notified as required, and all procedures recommended by the CDC and Department of Health are implemented.
- Positive Residents are isolated.
- Doors to the entrance of affected neighborhoods are closed to restrict the area and are put on the proper precautions following a Green/Yellow/Red precautionary zone plan. No unauthorized staff or residents are permitted to enter an affected neighborhood.
- Staff members providing care for COVID-19 residents or working in a precautionary zone are utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the virus is not spread to other residents or staff.
- Staff assigned to care for persons with COVID-19 have a designated entrance and exit to eliminate contact with other staff and residents.
- We have a designated internal COVID-19 response team that meets daily. Additionally, we collaborate with community leaders to review our pandemic plan and make adjustments where necessary.
- Ongoing testing will continue as required.
- It is Wesbury’s desire to be transparent with our need to protect the privacy of the residents we serve. In order to respect privacy, we are unable to release more detailed information.
Wesbury COVID-19 Positive Information: Date of last new update: November 22, 2021
The data on this page is monitored daily and updated when new information comes available. The date reflects the most current data. New Wesbury Resident and New Individuals Admitted with Covid are included in the Total Active Resident Cases.
|Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center|
|Cribbs Residential Center|
|New Wesbury Resident Cases||0||0|
|New Individuals Admitted w/ Covid||0||Does not occur|
|Active Resident & Admitted Cases||0||0*|
|**Cumulative Resident & Admitted Cases||7 (Since 8/25/21)||0 **|
|New Staff Cases||1||0|
|Active Staff Cases||3||0|
|**Cumulative Staff Cases||17 (Since 8/25/21)||2 (Since 11-01-21)|
* Cribbs positive residents are moved to COVID Unit at Grace then counted in Grace Active and Cumulative cases.
** Cumulative cases are counted with the start date of a new outbreak and until the facility has gone at least 14 days with no new cases.
Wesbury News and Information
Please click on the links below for current information.
+Current Regulatory Guidelines, Restrictions, and Limitations in Effect
The Wesbury leadership team and emergency preparedness team continue to monitor guidance from regulatory authorities on the potential spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the potential of cases in our county and facility.
- Appointments are not required for visitation at Grace or Memory Support or Cribbs.
- Appointments are required at a Care Cottage, call 814-332-9055.
- When closed, only those specific individuals listed for end of life and compassionate care are permitted visitation. If you have any questions, phone 814-332-9000.
- Approved visitors are screened and are provided with the appropriate protective equipment.
- When visiting, the entrances that may be utilized are the Lobbys at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front, Memory Support Center and Cribbs Residential Center.
- All who enter the Wesbury campus are asked to wear a mask upon entry.
- Staff is screened before starting their shift.
- Resident windows are not to be approached due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
- Resident Laundry may only be laundered by Wesbury.
- The Life Enrichment/Activities teams are providing ways to stay active while adhering to social distancing and all other guidelines.
- Pre-scheduled tours of Grace, Cribbs, Thoburn Village, Care Cottages and Vernon Sqaure are permitted. To schedule a tour call 814-332-9009 and the Marketing Department will direct your call.
+Wesbury Vaccine Information
Please click here to view an educational video on the COVID-19 Vaccine.
March 1, 2020
The distribution of the vaccine is regulated by the state of Pennsylvania and was offered to Wesbury via CVS managed clinics. We are pleased that we were are able to offer the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to all residents and staff through multiple clinics that started on December 28th, 2020. We are grateful for the many residents and staff who chose to take this step in protecting our community. At this time no further clinics have been scheduled. We are hopeful that as more vaccine becomes available, additional clinics may be offered.
The vaccine requires 2 doses administered 3 weeks apart. It is estimated to take about 2 months for the vaccine to take effect and for the vaccinated individual to be immunized. It has not been confirmed as to how long the vaccine remains effective. It is also undetermined if the vaccine will prevent the vaccinated person from contracting the virus and spreading it. It is only known at this time to prevent or minimize symptoms.
We understand that some may be concerned about the safety of the new vaccines, as they have been developed and tested far more quickly than those in the past. The CDC has advised that the safety of the vaccine has been extensively reviewed by numerous agencies and will continue to be monitored once administration occurs.
All existing and new staff and residents (Villa, Care Cottage, Cribbs and Grace) have the opportunity to get the vaccine by coordinating with Wesbury to go to Meadville Medical Center.
+Resident Item Drop-Off Information
Families may drop off items for residents of Cribbs and Grace any day of the week during Grace Lobby hours which are 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., or by appointment. Deliveries may be unattended for a period of time at the drop location. If there is an item of value, families should call the switchboard and make special arrangements at 814-332-9000.
When dropping off items:
- Families making deliveries must be masked. Come into the Grace Lobby entrance and take the items directly to the counter to the right of the entrance. There will be a sign pointing to the counter and signs on the counter.
- Items must be labeled, if they are not, there are labels and pens available at the counter.
- Staff will disinfect items and see that they are delivered.
To stay informed, continually monitor our website, Facebook page (search for Wesbury Retirement Community), or call the Wesbury Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015 to hear a recorded message.
Automated communication: In the event that we have an important announcement, illness, or emergency, we will use an automated system to send out a timely and consistent phone message to the responsible party and first emergency contact. Texts will be from an 800 number, and calls will come from 814-332-9015. If you have any questions, please call 814-332-9238.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will make every effort to make updates as changes occur. If you have any further questions, please contact Administrators Larry Marsteller at 814-332-9520 or Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of our community!
Click on the Links Below for More Information:
- PA Department Of Health
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- CDC: Prevention and treatment
- CDC: Transmission
- WHO: Myth busters
- COVID-19 Support for Health Care Workers