Wesbury COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information
Visitation Information: Updated September 10, 2021
The Administration and staff at Wesbury would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in us to provide care for your loved one during these uncertain times. We feel that family visitation is very important. Your patience as we navigate the ever-changing guidance to provide various forms of that visitation is greatly appreciated.
Visitation at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center and Cribbs Residential Center is currently closed until further notice.
Only those specific individuals listed for end of life and compassionate care at Grace are permitted visitation at this time. We will advise as soon as visitation re-opens.
If you have any questions, phone 814-332-9000.
Wesbury at Home Care Cottages remain open. Appointments are required.
- Cribbs Residential Center offers Skype and FaceTime.
- Wesbury at Home Care Cottages offer Skype, FaceTime, and indoor visits.
The Wesbury Response to COVID-19
Providing a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff is our greatest concern. Wesbury Administration is following guidance and direction from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH), which continues to evolve.
Through this difficult time, our staff has shown extraordinary compassion and dedication to ensure the well-being of Wesbury residents. The outpouring of support and prayers from the resident families and the community has been incredible, and we are deeply grateful.
As we learn of a positive COVID-19 case, we are implementing procedures designed to mitigate the spread of the virus. They include:
- Public health officials are notified as required, and all procedures recommended by the CDC and Department of Health are implemented.
- Positive Residents are isolated.
- Doors to the entrance of affected neighborhoods are closed to restrict the area and are put on the proper precautions following a Green/Yellow/Red precautionary zone plan. No unauthorized staff or residents are permitted to enter an affected neighborhood.
- Staff members providing care for COVID-19 residents or working in a precautionary zone are utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the virus is not spread to other residents or staff.
- Staff assigned to care for persons with COVID-19 have a designated entrance and exit to eliminate contact with other staff and residents.
- We have a designated internal COVID-19 response team that meets daily. Additionally, we collaborate with community leaders to review our pandemic plan and make adjustments where necessary.
- Ongoing testing will continue as required.
- It is Wesbury’s desire to be transparent with our need to protect the privacy of the residents we serve. In order to respect privacy, we are unable to release more detailed information.
Wesbury COVID-19 Positive Information: Date of last new update: September 13, 2021
The data on this page is monitored daily and updated when new information comes available. The date reflects the most current data. New Wesbury Resident and New Individuals Admitted with Covid are included in the Total Active Resident Cases.
|Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center|
|Cribbs Residential Center|
|New Wesbury Resident Cases||0||0|
|New Individuals Admitted w/ Covid||0||Does not occur|
|Active Resident & Admitted Cases||4||0*|
|**Cumulative Resident & Admitted Cases since March 2020||4||0 **|
|New Staff Cases||1||0|
|Active Staff Cases||2||0|
|**Cumulative Staff Cases||2||0 **|
* Cribbs positive residents are moved to COVID Unit at Grace then counted in Grace Active and Cumulative cases.
** Cumulative cases continue to be counted until the facility has gone 14 days with no new cases.
Wesbury News and Information
Please click on the links below for current information.
+Current Regulatory Guidelines, Restrictions, and Limitations in Effect
The Wesbury leadership team and emergency preparedness team continue to monitor guidance from regulatory authorities on the potential spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the potential of cases in our county and facility.
- To communicate with residents, we offer Skype, and FaceTime video call appointments. Window and indoor visits are also permitted but restrictions may vary by care level and location. See “Visitation” for current visit offerings. Pre-scheduled appointments are required. To schedule an appointment for Grace or Memory Support call 814-332-9014, for appointments at Cribbs call 814-332-9294, and for appointments at a Care Cottage call 814-332-9055.
- Approved visitors are screened and are provided with the appropriate protective equipment.
- When visiting, the entrances that may be utilized are the Lobbys at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front, Memory Support Center and Cribbs Residential Center.
- All who enter the Wesbury campus are asked to wear a mask upon entry.
- Staff is screened before starting their shift.
- Resident windows are not to be approached due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
- Families are permitted to drop items off for Cribbs and Grace Residents at Grace Lobby daily between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Items must be labeled. Go into Grace Lobby and follow the signs. There are no restrictions. Homemade foods, fresh flowers, and produce are permitted. Call 814-332-9000 with questions.
- Resident Laundry may only be laundered by Wesbury.
- The Life Enrichment/Activities teams are providing ways to stay active while adhering to social distancing and all other guidelines.
- All speakers, groups, and events are canceled.
- The Guest House remains closed.
- Pre-scheduled tours of Grace, Cribbs, Thoburn Village, Care Cottages and Vernon Sqaure are permitted. To schedule a tour call 814-332-9009 and the Marketing Department will direct your call.
+Wesbury Vaccine Information
Please click here to view an educational video on the COVID-19 Vaccine.
March 1, 2020
The distribution of the vaccine is regulated by the state of Pennsylvania and was offered to Wesbury via CVS managed clinics. We are pleased that we were are able to offer the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to all residents and staff through multiple clinics that started on December 28th, 2020. We are grateful for the many residents and staff who chose to take this step in protecting our community. At this time no further clinics have been scheduled. We are hopeful that as more vaccine becomes available, additional clinics may be offered.
The vaccine requires 2 doses administered 3 weeks apart. It is estimated to take about 2 months for the vaccine to take effect and for the vaccinated individual to be immunized. It has not been confirmed as to how long the vaccine remains effective. It is also undetermined if the vaccine will prevent the vaccinated person from contracting the virus and spreading it. It is only known at this time to prevent or minimize symptoms.
We understand that some may be concerned about the safety of the new vaccines, as they have been developed and tested far more quickly than those in the past. The CDC has advised that the safety of the vaccine has been extensively reviewed by numerous agencies and will continue to be monitored once administration occurs.
All existing and new staff and residents (Villa, Care Cottage, Cribbs and Grace) have the opportunity to get the vaccine by coordinating with Wesbury to go to Meadville Medical Center.
+Resident Item Drop-Off Information
Families may drop off items for residents of Cribbs and Grace any day of the week during Grace Lobby hours which are 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., or by appointment. Deliveries may be unattended for a period of time at the drop location. If there is an item of value, families should call the switchboard and make special arrangements at 814-332-9000.
When dropping off items:
- Families making deliveries must be masked. Come into the Grace Lobby entrance and take the items directly to the counter to the right of the entrance. There will be a sign pointing to the counter and signs on the counter.
- Items must be labeled, if they are not, there are labels and pens available at the counter.
- Staff will disinfect items and see that they are delivered.
To stay informed, continually monitor our website, Facebook page (search for Wesbury Retirement Community), or call the Wesbury Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015 to hear a recorded message.
Automated communication: In the event that we have an important announcement, illness, or emergency, we will use an automated system to send out a timely and consistent phone message to the responsible party and first emergency contact. Texts will be from an 800 number, and calls will come from 814-332-9015. If you have any questions, please call 814-332-9238.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will make every effort to make updates as changes occur. If you have any further questions, please contact Administrators Larry Marsteller at 814-332-9520 or Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of our community!
Click on the Links Below for More Information:
- PA Department Of Health
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- CDC: Prevention and treatment
- CDC: Transmission
- WHO: Myth busters
- COVID-19 Support for Health Care Workers