Wesbury COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information
Updated: March 27, 2020
Providing a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff is our greatest concern. Wesbury Administration is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH), which continues to evolve.
The Wesbury leadership team and emergency preparedness team continue to monitor guidance from regulatory authorities on the potential spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the potential of cases in our county and facility.
To stay informed, continually monitor our website, Facebook page (search for Wesbury Retirement Community) or call the Wesbury Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015 to hear a recorded message with the latest updates. You may leave a message on this line with questions and concerns. We will respond as soon as possible.
Please click on the links below for current information.
+Current Regulatory Guidelines, Restrictions, and Limitations in Effect
- All facilities remain closed to visitation except for residents who have an end of life status and for approved medical personal.
- Approved visitors are screened and wear protective equipment.
- The only entrance that may be utilized is Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby.
- Staff is screened before starting their shift.
- To communicating with residents, we offer Skype, FaceTime, and Window Visits where you can come to a designated window and speak to your loved one over the phone. Prescheduled appointments are required. To schedule an appointment for Grace or Memory Support call 814-332-9014, for appointments at Cribbs call 814-332-9294.
- Resident room windows are not to be approached due to visitor safety and patient privacy.
- Family transportation for residents to medical and other appointments is suspended.
- Families/friends are asked not to bring items into the facilities for staff or residents. We have increased the availability of snacks.
- Resident Laundry may only be laundered by Wesbury.
- All Residents have been asked to practice social distancing. The activities teams are providing virtual ways to stay active.
- All speakers, outside groups, and events are canceled.
- We are seeking donations of homemade masks, supplies to make masks such as 100% cotton fabric, elastic and pipe cleaners and safety gear such as safety glasses, goggles, Tyvek suits, non-latex gloves. Please bring your donations to the Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center front lobby entrance.
+Skype, FaceTime, and Window Visit Options
Wesbury is offering the opportunity to connect with your loved ones during this difficult time. To schedule a Skype, FaceTime, or Window Visit (talk via telephone through a window) please give us a call. All visitations must be pre-scheduled by appointment ONLY. If your loved one lives at Grace/Memory Support call 814-332-9014 or if they live at Cribbs call 814-332-9294 to schedule an appointment.
+Request for Homemade Masks
We need your help! Wesbury is calling for volunteers to make washable masks. They do need to be made from 100% cotton fabric. Click on the instructions below to learn how to make them; the instructions were created by Meadville resident, Darcie Schoenfeldt-White. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
+How You Can Help
Wesbury is seeking donations or opportunities to purchase (from businesses) any masks, non-latex gloves, goggles, safety glasses, and isolation gowns/Tyvek suits (like painters or construction workers might use). Wesbury is also calling for donations of any materials for making washable masks. These items include 100% cotton material, elastics strips, and pipe cleaners. For purchasing opportunities contact Justin Reynolds at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 814-332-9337. Any donations to Wesbury can be dropped off at the front lobby area of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Thank you.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will make every effort to make updates as changes occur. If you have any further questions, please contact Administrators Larry Marsteller at 814-332-9520 or Sheila Bundy at 814-332-9142.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of our community!
Click on the Links Below for More Information:
PA Department Of Health
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
CDC: Prevention and treatment
WHO: Myth busters