Wesbury at Home Services
Why Choose Wesbury at Home
When you wish to stay in your home but need support to make that possible, let Wesbury come to you. Caregivers can assist with household chores like light housekeeping and caring for plants and pets. We can provide support with medication, bathing, and dressing. We can help you to appointments, take you shopping and go out to dinner or a movie. We will also deliver fresh hot home cooked meals right to your door! Don’t choose just anyone to come into your home, choose Wesbury at Home backed by over 100 years of experience.
Our Commitment to Safety
We are continuously searching for new and innovative ways to keep things as easy and familiar as possible in today’s “new normal” for all clients and residents of Wesbury at Home services and Care Cottages. In order to provide you a safe and healthy environment, we have implemented the following:
- All new staff must pass a criminal background check before hire.
- Staff are offered the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- We require daily health screening which includes a temperature check, and mask-wearing for all staff.
- All high-touch surface area cleaning is done with Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide.
- All Life Enrichment activities and Transportation Services adhere to social distancing protocols.
- Wesbury’s COVID-19 Leadership Team implements policies and follows guidelines from our regulatory authorities: the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Medicaid Services (CMS), PA Department of Human Services (DHS), and PA Department of Health (DOH).
- Wesbury maintains current health and safety information on our website, on the Coronavirus Update Line at 814-332-9015, and also uses an automated communication system to share important information and updates with residents, their families, and staff.
Who We Hire
Our Staff is required to complete a PA Criminal Background check, TB testing, and drug testing to ensure the safety for your loved one. Every staff member is required to complete 12 continuing education credits per year to stay up to date in credentials and training.
Wesbury at Home Services
Please click on one of the selections below to learn more.
+ Caregiver Service
Receive personal care such as assistance with hygiene and nutrition in addition to support, companionship and help with daily chores. Hours are flexible, and scheduling is personalized to meet the needs of each participant. Overnight stays can be arranged.
Caregiver duties may include:
- Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as bathing, grooming, dressing and assist with medication reminders.
- Assist with managing incontinence.
- Monitor special diets and assist with meal prep.
- Assist in following a home exercise program.
- Provide companionship by reading, playing games, or doing crafts/projects and activities.
- Assist with grocery lists, shopping and food prep.
- Assist with laundry and linen changes.
- Provide light housekeeping services.
- Escort to medical appointments.
- Accompany to social outings and religious services.
- Provide respite to family and/or caregivers.
- Caring for pets: feeding, exercising, cleaning litter boxes and bird cages, taking to grooming or veterinarian appointments.
Caregiver Rates (2 hour minimum)
- $24.00/hr. – 7 days/week – 0-15 miles
- $25.50/hr – 7 days/week – 16+ miles
- Holidays are 1 1/2 times the regular hourly rate
Caregiver services are available in Crawford County.
+ Home Delivered Meals
Home style, full course meals are prepared fresh daily at Wesbury and are available for a midday delivery to your home, six days a week, Monday through Saturday, including holidays. For a lighter option, clients may choose from an Ala Cart menu. Special needs diets are carefully evaluated and managed by Wesbury’s own registered dietitian.
Scheduling for meal delivery is flexible, and the service may be used daily, weekly, or on an occasional basis. Prices are very reasonable and clients benefit from Wesbury’s reputation for providing quality food service.
Wesbury Home-Delivered Meals Rates
Hot Meal of the Day: $7.99 per meal plus tax and delivery
Includes: Main entrée, two sides, salad and dessert
Customized Meal: $9.49 per meal plus tax and delivery
The customized meal allows for some substitutions to accommodate for dislikes of specific foods or dietary restrictions. Please call for more information.
A la Cart Menu Options: $7.49 per meal plus tax and delivery
- Option A: Choice of Sandwich: (chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, sliced ham or turkey), chips, cup of soup or fruit cup, and dessert of the day or cookie
- Option B: Choice of Wrap: (Chicken Ranch or BLT), chips, cottage cheese or salad of the day, and cookie, piece of fruit, or dessert of the day.
- Option C: Choice of 6-inch Hoagie: (Italian, ham & cheese, turkey & cheese), chips, cup of soup or salad of the day, and cookie or piece of fruit
- Option D: Bowl of soup of the day, salad of the day or cottage cheese with fruit, and dessert of the day or cookie.
- Option E: Signature salad of the day and cookie or dessert of the day.
- Option F: Choice of Hot Sandwich (Cheeseburger or Gilled Chicken), chips, cup of soup or fruit cup, dessert of the day or cookie.
- 0-15 miles: $2.00
- 16+ miles: $3.00
- $1.50 additional for holiday delivery
- $1.00 for Wesbury residents
Wesbury’s own professionally trained staff provides superior attention to detail while meeting all of your housekeeping and laundry needs. Scheduling is personalized and flexible. Seasonal spring or fall cleaning is also available.
- $20.00/hr. Monday through Friday – 0-15 miles
- $22.00/hr Monday through Friday – 16+ miles
- Holidays are 1 1/2 times the regular hourly rate
+ Personalized Emergency Response System
Around-the-clock security and peace of mind are at your fingertips with Wesbury LifeAid, Wesbury at Home’s emergency response program.
Traditional In-Home Landline Unit
- Utilizes and requires standard landline phone service in the home to communicate with the monitoring center; connects to a power outlet and active wall jack to provide service.
- Pendant is waterproof; battery lasts up to 4 years and can be worn as a necklace or wristband; up to 500 square feet pendant range from the base console.
Cellular Based In-Home Unit
- Wireless unit that does not require landline phone service.
- Equipped with a SIM card to utilize AT&T cell tower; (not dependent on the users cell phone or service). Simple install, needs to be connected to power outlet and switched “ON”.
- Pendant is waterproof; battery lasts up to 5 years and can be worn as a necklace or wristband; up to 650 square feet pendant range from the base console.
Premium Mobile Device (GPS)
- GPS-enabled and is geared toward the more active person, who doesn’t spend the majority of their time inside of their home.
- In the event of an emergency, the person would press the button on their pendant and communicate with the monitoring center. If they are unable to communicate or are unsure where they are located, the GPS capabilities will tell emergency responders where to go.
Extra Help Button
- When there is more than one person living in the home, they do not need a separate unit. They simply need a second help pendant.
- A lock box stores keys to the home on its exterior allowing caregivers and emergency responders to access the home quickly without having to force entry.
LifeAid Personal Emergency Response Systems Rates
- Traditional in-home landline unit – $34.95
- Cellular based in-home unit – $38.95
- Premium mobile device (GPS) – $42.95
- Extra help button – $3.99
- Lock box – $2.99
NOTE: Contracts and fees are month to month.
+ Medication Management
Wesbury at Home partners with a local pharmacy to assist with medication management such as:
- Filling med boxes
- Calling in prescriptions
- Calling physicians
Please call Wesbury at Home, 814-332-9186 for more information.
While most Wesbury at Home services are billed directly to the customer, some services may be covered by one or more of the following options: your Long Term Care Insurance policy, the PA Waiver Program or Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Benefits. For details, contact your Wesbury at Home representative.