What Sets Us Apart?
The Short-Term Rehabilitation neighborhood offers private accommodations designed for residents in need of intense therapy in order to return to their home. Annually, 62% of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center residents are discharged upon healing. Short-Term Rehab offers residents greater independence and close proximity to the Rae S. Larcom Therapy Center, Sunset Auxiliary Gift Shoppe, Beauty Shop, and front entrance lobby.
- Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center is staffed by dedicated nurses and therapists serving under the direction of Medical Director, Dr. John H. Bailey III, who is Board Certified in both Internal and Geriatric Medicine.
- The number of Residents that have an emergency room visit or are hospitalized after admission to Grace Health Center is below the national average.
- The number of residents that come to Wesbury for rehabilitation and are discharged to their homes is above the national average.
- In comparison to other local nursing homes, Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center has the lowest readmission rate to the hospital.
- Multiple levels of care and programming are designed to meet individual needs so each resident may reach their fullest potential.
- Testimonials from residents and their families say they would select Wesbury again for continued programs and services and recommend Wesbury to their friends. Additionally, they praise Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center in the following areas:
- Friendliness and courtesy of staff
- Confidence in care and emergency response
- Quality of daily life with a variety of engaging activities
- Availability of fulltime Chaplain and spiritual services
- Cleanliness of the facility
- Responsiveness to inquiries and problems
- If you need additional help we can arrange at-home services through VNA Alliance and Wesbury at Home. All of the details will be handled by knowledgeable Wesbury staff, making your rehab and return home worry free.
Health Care Team
Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center professionals work together as an interdisciplinary team offering ongoing assessments of each resident’s individual needs, members of the team may include:
- On-site Geriatric Specialist
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Rehabilitative Therapists: Occupational, Speech, Physical
- Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
- Accredited Social Workers/Discharge Planners
- Certified Life Enrichment Director and Staff
- Full-time Chaplain and Assistant Chaplain
- On premises laboratory and pharmacy
Upon admission, each resident is assigned a Social Services staff member who works to assure the resident’s needs are being met. They can act as a liaison between the resident and Wesbury administration, go shopping for personal items as well as assist in making the appropriate plans when they are being discharged by providing information on home and community based services and personal care options.
Therapy Services Offered at Wesbury
The Rae S. Larcom Therapy Center offers a complete menu of comprehensive rehabilitation services. Our therapists are trained in clinical best practices and advanced clinical programming to restore and maintain an individual’s maximum independence level. Outpatient rehabilitation services are also available. To learn more download: Symbria Rehab Brochure
Please click on one of the selections below to learn more about specific Therapy Services.
+ Physical Therapy
Performs evaluations, develops and implements treatment plans and provides ongoing assessments to individuals with deficits in transfers, mobility, strength, coordination, balance, range of motion, ambulation, and endurance. Treatments also may include pain management, wound care, fall prevention, modalities, non-invasive urinary incontinence retraining, splinting, and neuromuscular reeducation.
+ Occupational Therapy
Performs evaluations, develops and implements treatment plans and provides ongoing assessments to individuals experiencing a decline in their functional abilities. Treatment may include activities of daily living (ADL) retraining. This could include self-feeding, bathing, dressing, meal preparation, laundry, financial management, etc. Other approaches include transfer, balance, coordination, safety and cognitive retraining, as well as range of motion, strengthening, and endurance building. Treatments may also include splinting, positioning / pressure relief, urinary incontinence retraining, and pain management.
+ Speech Therapy
Performs evaluations, develops and implements treatment plans, and provides ongoing assessments to individuals experiencing speech, language, cognitive linguistic, and swallowing difficulties.
+ Cardiac Rehab Program
HeartCare is a multi-faceted program to help in transition from the hospital to home after a diagnoses of heart disease, including heart failure, heart attack, bypass or valve surgery, heart transplantation, or stent placement. The goal is to provide continued care in each setting that may be encountered after being discharged from the hospital, including local short- and long-term care facilities and to the home. This ensures patients receive all that is needed to maintain a healthy heart and lifestyle.
Each Center of Excellence/HeartCare partner’s facilities and services are appropriately trained for heart patients with the standards that are developed from Allegheny Health Network cardiac physicians, surgeons, and cardiologists. As a partner, Wesbury looks to help ensure a smooth transition during each step in keeping the heart healthy by providing standardized care, remote patient health monitoring, rehabilitation therapy, education for the patient on how to manage their heart condition, and clinical follow-ups with physicians and cardiac professionals. This is one of the only programs of this type available in the country, and the HeartCare Program is overseen by leading cardiac doctors who are responsible for caring for their patient’s heart regardless of where they are receiving care. For more information on St. Vincent Hospital and the Allegheny Health Network, visit www.AHN.org.
+ Advanced Clinical Programming
Symbria Rehab provides specialized programs to address common long-term care problems. These programs include:
Reduces frequent pain and pain that interferes with function.
Reduces the risk of falling. Investigates and addresses why a fall has occurred in the past three months or why a resident may be fearful of falling during ADLs.
Improves range of motion with movement of the upper or lower extremities.
Improves endurance or strength.
Improves chronic ulcers resulting from edema, necrosis, or circulation problems.
Reduces urinary leakage or frequency/urgency to urinate.
Vital Stimulation Dysphagia Therapy
Corrects difficulty or discomfort with swallowing.
A member of the Wound Care Team meets with each resident within twenty-four hours of their admittance to Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center. Our nationally recognized Team works with hospitals and wound centers from throughout the region providing a true multidisciplinary approach to wound healing.
Dietary Services meets with each resident to explain dining choices and obtain food preferences. Each neighborhood has a dining room. Residents choose their meal selections from a menu. The Registered Dietitian reviews each menu for nutritional standards including liberalized diets that follow the Pioneer Networks recommendations for seniors. Each neighborhood also includes:
- Beverage carts between meals
- Nourishment Centers provide a refrigerator for resident use
Services and Amenities
The Short-term Rehabilitation Neighborhood Offers:
- Pre-surgical reservations are available
- Private accommodations with private bath
- Natural Awakening allows residents to start the day when they are ready
- Flexible therapy schedules
- Flexible meal times
- Dedicated admission and discharge coordination
- Social Service Coordinators offer assistance beyond care needs
- Physician appointment coordination
- On-site laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Pharmacist review of medications
- Life Enrichment coordinators plan exercise, art and music programs and monthly outings and events
- Full time Chaplain, church services and spiritual care
- Pet Therapy
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Transportation assistance available
- Transportation services
- In-house podiatry, optometry, dental and audiology services
Community Amenities and Benefits
- 110-acre private, beautifully landscaped campus
- On-Site Medical Center
- Sunset Auxiliary Gift Shoppe
- Free wireless internet locations
- Video conferencing using Skype technology
- Community room and Education Center for entertainment, lectures and special events
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Craft/Recreational rooms with billiards
- Two on-site Chapels
- Catering Services and guest dining
- Guest accommodations and parking
- Nature trail and outdoor gardening areas
- Picnic pavilion and gazebo
- Volunteer opportunities
- On-site access to public transportation
- Public Notary Services