The Memory Support Center offers a unique environment with specialized programming specially designed for those with Alzheimer’s, Dementia or other related memory impairments.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Private accommodations in a secure environment with a small neighborhood design where residents are encouraged to personalize their living space.
- The Natural Awakening Program, allows residents to start their day on their terms.
- Trained activities staff and Montessori activity area to engage residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- A team of trained professionals follows a Habilitation Therapy Model, ensuring residents experience a carefully supervised, fulfilling and active lifestyle aimed to stimulate memory and independence.
What is the Habilitation Therapy Model?
The Habilitation Therapy model is a comprehensive approach to caring for people with dementia by focusing on a person’s remaining abilities. Our life enrichment and nursing staff engage the resident’s capabilities, independence and morale to produce a consistent state of psychological well-being.
This differs from Rehabilitation Therapy which is designed to return a resident to their previous, higher levels of functioning. Habilitation focuses on optimizing and extending what is possible in the now, allowing for family and friends to enjoy their time together that can produce a more uplifting experience for all involved.
Health Care Team
Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center professionals work together as an interdisciplinary team offering ongoing assessments of each resident’s individual needs, members of the team may include:
- On-site Geriatric Specialist
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Rehabilitative Therapists: Occupational, Speech, Physical
- Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
- Accredited Social Workers
- Certified Life Enrichment Director and Staff
- Full-time Chaplain and Assistant Chaplain
- On premises laboratory and pharmacy
Recovery, Respite, and Winter Stays
Short stays are available for any reason any time of year. Simply bring your suitcase, we will provide the rest!
- Recovery: Regain your strength, confidence and independence after a hospital stay or rehabilitation before returning home.
- Respite: When your caregiver is unavailable or on vacation, take your own and vacation at Wesbury!
- Winter: Don’t hibernate! Rejuvenate! Join us and enjoy a worry and hassle free winter!
Services and Amenities
This state-of-the-art facility offers:
- Private accommodations in a secure environment with a small neighborhood design
- Natural awakening allows residents to start the day when they are ready
- Family style meals
- Welcoming living and dining room areas to entertain residents, family members and guests.
- Glass atriums and beautiful corridors for relaxing and walking with and expansive outdoor views
- Specialized training and certification of key staff
- 24-hour nursing assistance and support with higher staffing ratios
- A dedicated Life Enrichment Coordinator plans exercise, art and music programs and monthly outings and events
- Social Service Coordinators offer assistance beyond care needs
- Full time Chaplain, church services and spiritual care
- Pet Therapy
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Transportation assistance available
- In-house podiatry, optometry, dental and audiology services
Community Amenities and Benefits
- 110-acre private, beautifully landscaped campus
- Nearby golf courses, lakes and outdoor attractions
- Exercise room and Wellness center
- On-Site Medical Center
- Sunset Auxiliary Gift Shoppe
- Clubhouse at Thoburn Village
- Free wireless internet locations
- Video conferencing using Skype technology
- Community room and Education Center for entertainment, lectures and special events
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Craft/Recreational rooms with billiards, ping pong and Wii
- Two on-site Chapels
- Catering Services and guest dining
- Guest accommodations and parking
- Nature trail and outdoor gardening areas
- Picnic pavilion and gazebo
- Volunteer opportunities
- Art studio
- Sewing room
- Activities kitchen
- On-site access to public transportation
- Public Notary Services