Help at Home Services
Why Choose Help at Home with Wesbury“Help at Home with Wesbury” is a collection of convenient, in-home Senior healthcare services not only available to residents who live at Wesbury but to anyone living in Crawford, Venango, Erie, and Mercer Counties.
These programs are designed to allow seniors to live in the comforts of their own homes while receiving the personalized services they need to maintain active, healthy and secure lifestyles through many stages in life. A bridge to gaining strength and health, they are especially beneficial to those returning from a hospital stay, experiencing an illness, in need of some occasional help, and even those requiring support through end of life.
Our team of highly compassionate health care professionals will design a plan of care that is tailored to your needs. We offer a wide array of unique services in your home that will provide life enrichment and will help you maintain independence, dignity, and security.
Who We Hire
Our Staff is required to complete a PA Criminal Background check, TB testing, Hepatitis B screening, and drug testing to ensure the safety for your loved one. Every staff member is required to complete 12 continuing education credits per year to stay up to date in credentials and training.
While most Help at Home services are billed directly to the customer, some services may be covered by one or more of the following options: your Long Term Care Insurance policy, the PA Waiver Program or Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Benefits. For details, contact your Help at Home representative.
For more information on Wesbury’s Help at Home Services, call 814-332-9186, visit us at 900 Water Street, Suite 19 in Meadville, PA or email us at HelpAtHome@wesbury.com.
Help at Home Services
Please click on one of the selections below to learn more.
+ Skilled Nursing Care in the Home
When prescribed by a doctor, short-term skilled services can be offered in the patient’s home. The services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, long-term care insurance policies and private pay. When utilizing our services patients receive highly effective medical treatment, while remaining as independent as possible in the comfort of their own home.
Our skilled nursing services may include the following:
- IV Infusion Therapy
- Wound Care
- Medication Set-up
- Medication Education
- Disease and Pain Management
- Mother and Baby Wellness visits
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Care (including pulse oximetry)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Home Health Aides
Home Health Aide Rate
- $21.50/hr. All other Skilled Service Rates to be determined during the initial assessment.
Skilled Nursing Care services Crawford, Venango, Mercer, and Erie Counties.
+ Companion Service
Receive personal care such as assistance with hygiene and nutrition in addition to support, companionship and help with daily chores. Hours are flexible, and scheduling is personalized to meet the needs of each participant. Overnight stays can be arranged.
Companion duties may include:
- Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as bathing, grooming, dressing and self-administered medication management.
- Assist with managing incontinence with appropriate products and procedures.
- Monitor eating, drinking and adherence to special diets and conditions.
- Assist in physical activities such as walking and stretching.
- Provide companionship.
- Read the daily paper, books, magazines, etc.
- Play board games, dominoes and cards.
- Assist with grocery lists, shopping and food prep.
- Have fun with crafts/projects and activities.
- Assist with laundry, linens, bed changes, etc.
- Dust, mop, run sweeper, clean as specified by the client.
- Take out the trash.
- Do dishes.
- Escort to medical appointments, theatrical performances, religious services, or other social events.
- Accompany to activities, sporting events, the library, luncheons, etc.
- Provide respite to family and/or caregivers.
- Caring for pets, including feeding, exercising, cleaning litter boxes, cleaning bird cages, taking to grooming or veterinarian appointments.
- $21.50/hr. – 7 days/week
- Holidays are 1 1/2 times the regular hourly rate ($32.25/hr.)
NOTE: Mileage fees may also apply.
Companion Services are available in Crawford, Venango, Erie and Mercer Counties.
+ Home Delivered Meals
Home style, full course meals are prepared fresh daily at Wesbury and are available for a midday delivery to your home, six days a week, Monday through Saturday, including holidays. For a lighter option, clients may choose from an Ala Cart menu. Special needs diets are carefully evaluated and managed by Wesbury’s own registered dietitian.
Scheduling for meal delivery is flexible, and the service may be used daily, weekly, or on an occasional basis. Prices are very reasonable and clients benefit from Wesbury’s reputation for providing quality food service.
Wesbury Home-Delivered Meals Rates
Hot Meal of the Day: $7.99 per meal plus tax
Includes: Main entrée, two sides, salad and dessert
Ala Cart Menu Options: $6.99 per meal plus tax
- Option A: Choice of Sandwich: (chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, sliced ham or turkey), chips, cup of soup or fruit cup, and dessert of the day or cookie
- Option B: Philly cheese steak wrap, chips, cottage cheese or salad of the day, and cookie or piece of fruit
- Option C: Choice of 6-inch Hoagie: (italian, ham& cheese, turkey & cheese), chips, cup of soup or salad of the day, and cookie or piece of fruit
- Option D: Bowl of soup of the day, salad of the day or cottage cheese with fruit, and dessert of the day or cookie
- Option E: Signature salad of the day and cookie or dessert of the day
Delivery Fee: 0-15 miles: $2.00, 16-30 miles: $3.00
No delivery fee for Wesbury residents
Wesbury’s own professionally trained staff provides superior attention to detail while meeting all of your housekeeping and laundry needs. Scheduling is personalized and flexible. Seasonal spring or fall cleaning is also available.
- $17.50/hr. Monday through Friday
- Holidays are 1 1/2 times the regular hourly rate ($17.50/hr. = $26.25/hr., $19.50/hr. = $29.25/hr.)
NOTE: Mileage fees may also apply.
+ Personalized Emergency Response System
Around-the-clock security and peace of mind are at your fingertips with Wesbury LifeAid, Help at Home’s emergency response program. This remote communications system gives immediate access to at-home assistance during times of emergency or in need of personal support. It is also very easy to use. If you are in need of help, you press your button.
- Lightweight, waterproof “help” button can be worn like a wristwatch or as a pendent.
- Assistance is personalized. Help may come from a family member, a neighbor, a friend, ambulance service, or the police.
- Link between button and receiver can range from 400 to 1,000 feet, creating a safety bubble around your home.
- Activity Assurance automatically checks on clients every day, if there is no response, the appropriate individuals can be notified.
- Cellular upgrades are available for home without hard-wired phone service.
- A representative of Help at Home will install and educate you about the system.
LifeAid Personal Emergency Response Systems Rates
- A one time installation fee
- $34.95 Monthly service fee
NOTE: This is the basic service charge. There are a number of options available, i.e. increased call monitoring, security lock boxes, etc. A list of these will be provided.
Contracts are month to month. All additional upgrade and optional services offered are at a fee per service rate.
+ Medication Management
Help at Home has partnered with Northwest Community Pharmacy for medication management. A Licensed Pharmacist will conduct an in-home consultation with clients to discuss your current medication regime and determine an appropriate management program. Help at Home clients will not be charged a delivery fee when using Northwest Community Pharmacy for medication refills and in-home deliveries.
Medication Management Rates
Northwest Community Pharmacy medication delivery fees are waived for Help at Home clients.
+ Handyman Services
Arrange for a Help at Home professional to assist with minor interior and exterior projects such as:
- Preparing your home for the changing seasons
- Organization projects
- Lawn maintenance
- Taking your vehicle to a service appointment
NOTE: Scheduling is flexible with a one hour minimum required. Mileage fees may also apply.
+ In-Home Hair Care Services
Grace Health Center’s Beauty Shop employs Licensed Beauticians who can provide the following mobile salon services*:
- Women’s cuts
- Men’s cuts
- Shampoo and style
- Full color
- Color retouching
*Some services may require a consultation visit prior to the rendering of the actual service.
- Women’s cut – $24.00
- Men’s cut – $24.00
- Initial all over color – $55.00
- Color Retouch – $40.00
- Cut, wash, set or style – $30.00
- Wash, dry, set or style – $20.00
- Perm – $55.00 (haircut included)
- Consultation fee – $15.00
Please Note: You will receive a 25% discount when you have these services provided at Wesbury’s Cribbs Residential Center beauty shop.