Mission and Values
Wesbury United Methodist Community provides individualized proactive health care and life enrichment services to assist mature adults in maintaining their independence, dignity and spiritual wholeness in a secure, Christian environment.
The purpose of Wesbury United Methodist Community is to identify and meet the individualized needs of mature adults by providing a wide range of programs, services and facilities sensitive to those needs. Wesbury strives to provide these programs, services and facilities:
- in an active, Christian-rich environment for growth and development;
- with concern for the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of mature adults;
- by offering aggressive preventive health care and rehabilitation programs;
- to meet special needs, diverse expectations and financial abilities;
- regardless of race, color, age, sex, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, or national origin;
- in a loving and supportive environment consistent with the Christian Mission of care of the United Methodist Church.
Wesbury’s Vision incorporates Wesbury’s core values of ministry, commitment, health, community, quality, respect and stewardship:
- An active ministry of partnering and meaningful alliances with other United Methodist organizations, area schools and colleges, churches of other denominations and other groups sharing similar values and a commitment to service within the Meadville and surrounding Northwestern Pennsylvania areas.
- A faith-based organization committed to excellence, innovation and integrity providing and coordinating an extensive and interrelated array of quality health enhancing services, living options and lifestyle choices serving persons of all economic levels and needs.
- A campus of inclusive community bustling with abundant activities and an enriching quality of life. Wesbury will continue to be a center of active living proving opportunities for socialization, reflection, restoration and personal growth within a program of spiritual wholeness.
- “Neighborhoods” within all areas of the campus and within each building or level of care that reflect respect for each individual.
- Proper stewardship of Wesbury resources.