A Look Back on Our 100th Year
In 2018, we had the great joy of celebrating 100 years of serving the community. What an impact it makes to recall how it all began, and realize the honor and great responsibility of moving the organization forward to continue to grow and serve. As we reflect on 2018, we are pleased to highlight some of the key accomplishments achieved and new initiatives implemented.
Wesbury Administration and The Wesbury Foundation
- In 2018, Wesbury employed 418 people and provided over $13,000,000 in wages.
- Volunteers provided 13,773.5 hours of services and support to Wesbury residents, programs, and events.
- 720 donors raised over $610,000 to support the Benevolent Care Fund.
- The Benevolent Care Fund assisted to offset the cost of $2,517,000.00 which Wesbury provided in uncompensated care at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center and Cribbs Residential Center.
- The Sunset Auxiliary raised funds and purchased:
- (2) 60” TVs for Memory Support Neighborhoods
- A recliner chair
- Items for Montessori Carts
- A bingo set, card games and other activity items
- A pop-up canopy for outdoor activities
- Funding for the Mealtime with Mentors program
- A 15 passenger transportation bus was purchased. Our fleet now includes:
- 15 passenger bus (2)
- 10 passenger lift van
- 5 passenger lift van
- Transport van
- Transport sedan
- Pastoral care volunteers provided over 1,000 hours of spiritual support to residents.
- Six Stephen Ministers were added to serve resident needs.
- An average of 115 residents attend Sunday morning services.
- A vespers service staffed by residents with readings, worship music and reflections was implemented.
- The Wesbury Choir increased to 29 members.
Independent Living at Thoburn Village
- The Woodshop was renovated with an efficient furnace, LED lights, new wiring, and two new electric saws with safety guards.
- The Mealtime with Mentors Program was implemented at Thoburn Village. Villa residents offered a mealtime mentoring program with at risk youths through the Juvenile Probation Office.
Personal Care at Cribbs Residential Center
- Cribbs Renovations included 1st and 2nd floor corridors, 1st floor sitting rooms, conference room, 2nd floor kitchen and new apartment signage.
Skilled Nursing Care at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center
- 298 residents were admitted, of these 152 were discharged after completing therapy.
- Allegheny Health Network selected Grace as the Cardiac Center of Excellence for the region, provided training to staff and implemented the program in September.
- The Grace Dietary Department, managed by Sodexo, was one of only 11 accounts in the nation chosen to receive the coveted Sodexo “Showcase Account Award” for the department’s high level of innovation, quality and service. The award includes $5,000 to spend toward future dietary innovation.
- Grace achieved a 5 out of 5 Star Rating for Quality by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Home and Community Based Services – Help at Home with Wesbury
- 75,863 Hours of In-home Care were provided in the region.
- 6,333 Home Delivered Meals were received.
- 2,062 Hours of In-home Skilled Nursing Care was provided.
- 2,329 Hours of Housekeeping Service were completed.
- 167 Hours of Pet Companion Service was received.
- 48 Personalized Emergency Response Systems were installed in area homes.
- Our 8th Care Cottage, a residential alternative for skilled nursing care, located at Azalea Street, was purchased and occupied.