Wesbury’s Community Involvement – April
During the month of April 2019, Wesbury residents, volunteers and staff and their families gave 215 hours of service through various public engagement-community involvement opportunities.
- Wesbury staff and villa residents held a bake sale to benefit Relay for Life.
- A Wesbury staff member and his family did a spring clean-up of the Riverside Cemetery in Tionesta, PA. They raked branches/leaves/debris from winter and collected all the weathered
flowers, etc. from the graves.
- Wesbury staff hosted a Healthy Living Speaker Series and a Crawford County History Lecture series. We also hosted a four part series for caregivers of family members with Alzheimers. A reunion of Talon and Viscose employees gathered at Wesbury and viewed a presentation by the Crawford County Historical Society with memorabilia from those former large employers in the Meadville area.
- Our facility is used for several community group meetings including Rotary and Rotary Board, Golden Kiwanis, Lions Club, Roundtable, Barbershoppers, Eastern Star, Relay for Life and Gideons. Body Recall and a Zumba class (fitness groups) also use our facility for their programs. A local knitting group meets once a week at Wesbury and Wesbury residents participate with them in knitting projects for the community. A seminar for Seniors for Safe Driving was held at Wesbury in April
- Wesbury staff participate in Leadership Meadville, serve on Boards and committees for MMC (hospital), CCYSA (Soccer), CATA (transportation), Meadville Public Library, Meadville Ministerial Association, Meadville Area Recreation Complex (MARC), Crawford County ARC, Community Health Services, Not One More NWPA, Business and Professional Women and the French Creek Community Theatre.
- Residents baked desserts for Cochranton American Legion, clipped coupons for troops and participated in the Mealtime with Mentor program.
- Throughout the month whenever there is leftover food from our Grace dietary kitchen, those food items are gathered and donated to St. James Haven (local men’s shelter)
- We are Sunday School teachers, church classroom monitors, worship team members, Cantors, Toastmasters, Scout leaders, borough auditors, VFD auxiliary members, parents of baseball players and volunteer at Crawford County Vo-Tech. We organize blood drives, visit hospital and hospice patients, conduct funerals, attend and help with community events.
Thank you for your time and service to the community!