January 21, 2019 | Blog, Caregiver Support, In-Home Care
9 Frequently Asked Questions About the Wesbury at Home Program
1.) What is “In Home” care?
2.) When should I consider in home care?
- You or your loved one has trouble getting dressed or fastening clothing
- Toileting and bathing present complications
- The need of assistance to prepare meals
- Nutritional needs are not being met due to problems with eating
- Medications are sometimes missed or forgotten
- Walking requires assistance or frequent falls occur
- Household chores are being ignored or present difficulty
- There is frequent confusion, items are regularly lost
3.) How does Home Care differ from Home Health?
The significant difference between home health care vs. non-medical home care is the level of medically skilled care administered by the home health care staff. Home health is care given to patients at home by medically trained and licensed professionals. It is an alternative to receiving care in a nursing home or hospital to regain health and independence.In-Home care allows individuals to age in place at home by offering custodial care, homemaker services, in-home care, and companionship services. Family members, private caregivers, or caregivers employed by home care agencies, a licensed agency that holds a Home and Community Support Services License provide the care at home.
Home health targets are recovering patients who are ill with a chronic condition like heart failure or an acute health condition like surgery for a hip replacement, or has an injury. Home health care permits early discharge from a hospital, reduces hospital admissions and assists with rapid recovery. It’s less expensive, more accessible and as effective as care from a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
4.) What is Wesbury at Home’s service area?
5.) How can I trust a caregiver in my home?
6.) Who pays for home care?
7.) Are services available 24 hrs, 7 days a week?
8.) Do you provide services to those in nursing homes or assisted living communities?
9.) Will I have the same companion every time and how will I meet them?