Join Wesbury for an Alaskan Cruise in 2019!
11 Day Cruise Tour on the Norwegian Jewel
July 5-15, 2019 – Three nights land, Seven night cruise
*Prices are per person based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Call for single rates.
Please note that the activity level is moderate. You will be responsible for your baggage handling. There will be uneven ground, distance walking on the ship and in airports and daily use of stairs as we board boats, buses and trains. A passport is required.
Free parking and roundtrip bus transportation from Wesbury to the airport; air departing from Pittsburgh and returning to Cleveland; land tour from Fairbanks to Seward; cruise from Seward to Vancouver; all shipboard meals, coffee and tea; all transfers, port charges and taxes.
PLUS choose TWO of the following:
• Ultimate Beverage Package (taxes & tip not included)
• Internet Package – 250 minute
• $50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
• Specialty Dining Package (taxes & tip not included)
Additional costs will include: Optional cancellation insurance; airline baggage fees; land and cruise tipping; all meals and beverages on the land portion of the trip; soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and shore excursions during the cruise.
Friday, July 5th
Depart Wesbury via motor coach to Pittsburgh Airport. Depart Pittsburgh on Alaskan Airlines at 5:00 p.m., connect in Seattle, Washington and arrive Fairbanks at 10:44 p.m.
Transportation is provided to your hotel in Fairbanks, get ready for an unforgettable journey fully escorted by a local Alaskan guide.
Saturday, July 6th
Start your day with breakfast on your own. At 9:00 a.m., your Norwegian Cruise Line Tour Director will greet you at your hotel. Today you’ll enjoy a tour of Fairbanks in a deluxe motorcoach.
The tour includes:
- A stop at the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline
- Overview of the Fairbanks community
- Lunch on your own
- A ride on the Riverboat Discovery, a three-hour journey that will take you into the heart of Alaska operated by a family who has made Alaska home for five generations.
- You’ll witness a Bush Pilot take off and land beside the boat, and hear stories of flying into remote Alaska.
- A guided walking tour of a recreated Athabascan Indian village. See cabins made of spruce logs, along with other indigenous dwellings that have allowed the strong Athabascan people to survive for thousands of years.
- Return around 5:30 p.m. with an open evening to explore Fairbanks, take an optional tour and enjoy dinner on your own. Overnight in Fairbanks.
Sunday, July 7th
At 8:00 a.m., depart to travel the rails of the Alaska Railroad to Denali National Park. Along the journey, wander the train, purchase a meal in the dining car, or sit in your comfortable reclining seat and gaze at the magnificent scenery. Alaska Railroad Adventure Class features single-level cars with high ceilings, large picture windows and ample legroom. As you travel through the high tundra plateau into the Healy Gorge and Canyon, be watchful for wildlife during your rail journey.
After lunch on your own, you will travel 30 miles into Denali National Park, enjoying the incredible scenery and learning about the flora, fauna and history while looking out for the wild animals that roam freely and call this park home. After this 4 hour tour, return to your Denali area hotel. The evening is free and dinner is on your own.
Monday, July 8th
Departing at 7:00 a.m., travel from Denali via deluxe motorcoach to Seward. Arrive in Anchorage with free time for lunch on your own and a brief city tour then continue south down the Turnagain Arm along the Seward Highway. This “All American Scenic Highway” has spectacular views of the Cook Inlet and Chugach Mountains. In dramatic fashion, see where the mountains meet the sea. Stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and get up close to moose, bears, musk ox and other indigenous animals of the region. Taking in orphaned animals and providing quality animal care year-round, the Conservation Center is dedicated to the protection and preservation of Alaska’s wildlife. Animals that cannot be released back into the wild are given a permanent home at the Center.
Continue on to Seward to board Norwegian Jewel for your 7-day Sawyer Glacier cruise.
Tuesday, July 9th through Monday, July 15th
Cruise the Inside Passage on the Norwegian Jewel
- Tuesday, July 9th – Cruise Hubbard Glacier
- Wednesday, July 10th – Explore Icy Strait Point, Alaska
- Thursday, July 11th – Explore Juneau, Alaska
- Thursday, July 11th – Cruise Sawyer Glacier
- Friday, July 12th – Explore Skagway, Alaska
- Saturday, July 13th – Explore Ketchikan, Alaska
- Sunday, July 14th – Cruise Inside Passage
- Monday, July 15th – Ship arrives at Vancouver, Canada. Disembark and transfer to the airport to return home. Depart Vancouver Airport on American Airlines at 1:00 p.m., connecting in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and arriving in Cleveland at 12:16 a.m. on July 16! Return to Wesbury via motorcoach.