Grace Health Center
Grace Health Center is staffed by dedicated nurses and therapists serving under the direction of a Medical Director who is Board Certified in both Internal and Geriatric Medicine. Through an innovative assessment program that encourages family participation, residents are offered personalized, comprehensive programs of care to help them reach their fullest potential.
Grace Health Center accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Benefits and other third party payers with a very flexible admission process.
Rehabilitative and Comprehensive Care:
• Rehabilitative Services offer occupational, speech and physical therapy to all Grace Health Center
residents in-house. Out-patient therapy services are also available.
• The nationally recognized Wound Care Specialty Team uses a multi-disciplinary approach consisting of nurses, medical consultants and therapists. Led by a certified Wound Management Nurse, the team works to promote healing and a timely return to active living.
• Restorative Nursing Program assists residents to maintain their highest level of functioning and prepares them for the transition back to their home.
• Grace Health Center provides private and semi private accommodations in an active setting. Residents may also pursue a wide variety of other interests in a warm and friendly atmosphere. In addition to planned activities, there are reading, hobby, craft and recreational rooms, as well as two chapels and a full calendar of Spiritual activities lead by a full time Chaplain.
Short-term and Rehabilitation Neighborhood:
• A specially designed residential area designated specifically for those who will be returning to their previous living arrangements. They may be recovering from surgery, illness or have a need for one or more of Wesbury’s therapy programs.
• Services include alternative dining choices and activities.
Health Care Team
The health care professionals at Wesbury's health center work together as an interdisciplinary team. Based on each individual's needs and ongoing assessments, members of the team may include:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Rehabilitative Therapists: Occupational, Speech, Physical
- Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
- Accredited Social Workers/Discharge Planners
- Certified Activity Director and Staff
- Full-time Chaplain and Assistant Chaplain
When the need arises additional health care professionals are easily accessible for the convenience of Grace Health Center residents. Laboratory, pharmacy and x-ray services are also available on Wesbury's campus.
In 2002, Wesbury resident Miss Opal Harned suggested a Haven Care program to create a hospice-like atmosphere where a critically ill resident can enjoy quiet family time around-the-clock in a private setting … regardless of his or her ability to pay. Opal made a personal contribution to initiate the Haven Care program and invited her friends and neighbors to do the same. A contribution of $63 would help cover the difference between a double occupancy room and a private room for one Haven Care resident for one day – and make those precious last days with loved ones more comfortable. Contributions of 4 days or more ($252) will receive special acknowledgment at our annual Donor Recognition luncheon.
Our Haven Care program can provide:
• The option for a private room when one is available
• A hospitality cart with complimentary beverages and snacks for visiting family and friends
• A condolence basket with a selection of soothing music,
inspirational reading materials, and aromatic
• Spiritual support from the family’s minister or our
pastoral care staff
• A Precious Memento keepsake box made by a thoughtful
volunteer for treasured personal items
• Caring and supportive staff and volunteers who will do
everything possible to help during this difficult time