Long-Term Nursing Care
Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center is staffed by dedicated nurses and therapists serving under the direction of Medical Director, Dr. John H. Bailey III, who is Board Certified in both Internal and Geriatric Medicine.
Multiple levels of care and programming are designed to meet individual needs so each resident may reach their fullest potential. Comprised of several neighborhoods, Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center provides specialized life enrichment programming and staff designated to each neighborhood.
What sets us apart?
At Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center, abundant living changes the perceptions of what it means to live in a long-term care setting. We empower residents to choose how would like to spend their day, and how we can work to make that happen.
- Residents are encouraged to personalize their living space.
- The Natural Awakening Program, allows residents to start their day on their terms.
- Residents can choose to dine at the Neighborhood Grill or their Neighborhood dining room.
- Residents may participate in the Life Enrichment activities that appeal to them in any neighborhood.
- If there is a preference in scheduling therapy later in the day after Life Enrichment activities, they can.
- Families are encouraged to bring celebrations to their loved ones and share family traditions at Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center.
- The Resident Ambassador program welcomes new residents and empowers residents to form relationships with each other, developing a sense of community.
Upon admission, each resident is assigned a Social Services staff member who works to assure the resident’s needs are being met. They can act as a liaison between the resident and Wesbury administration, go shopping for personal items as well as assist in making the appropriate plans when they are being discharged by providing information on home and community based services and personal care options.
Life EnrichmentWithin 72 hours of admittance, the Life Enrichment staff, directed by a Nationally Certified Life Enrichment Director, performs an initial activity assessment recognizing each resident’s unique individual interests and abilities. Therapeutic and recreational activities are offered daily and focus on spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs and interests. A broad range of innovative programs designed to enhance residents’ quality of life through our person-centered approach includes:
- Holiday and Birthday parties
- Guest lecturers/educators
- Music programs and Choir
- Sensory art
- Pet therapy program
- Adaptive dance and sports programs
- Outings to community events
- Arm chair travels
- Red Hats Society
- Bible Study/Devotions
- Card clubs, cooking, crafts and much more!
For the latest activities and programs check out Wesbury’s Monthly Calendars
Dietary Services meets with each resident to explain dining choices and obtain food preferences. Each neighborhood has a dining room. Residents choose from a menu or select made-to-order items from the Neighborhood Grill. The Registered Dietitian reviews each menu for nutritional standards including liberalized diets that follow the Pioneer Networks recommendations for seniors. Each neighborhood also includes:
- Beverage carts between meals
- Nourishment Centers provide a refrigerator for resident use
Grace Residents Enjoy the Following Amenities:
- Private and semi-private rooms located in welcoming neighborhoods
- 24-hour nursing assistance and support
- Natural awakening allows residents to start the day when they are ready
- Social Service Coordinators offer assistance beyond care needs
- Physician appointment coordination
- On-site laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Pharmacist review of medications
- Life Enrichment Coordinators plan exercise, art and music programs and monthly outings and events
- Full time Chaplain, church services and spiritual care
- Pet Therapy
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Transportation assistance available
- Respite stays are available
- The Neighborhood Grill
- Neighborhood dining rooms
- Computer/WiFi access including Skype technology
- Transportation services
- In-house podiatry, optometry, dental and audiology services
- Barco Chapel
- Braun Chapel
- ATM and banking services
- Sunset Auxiliary Gift Shoppe
- Beauty shop
- Outdoor courtyards
- Nature trail
- Campus Community Center
- Meeting rooms
- Notary Public services