Do You Have a Surgery Coming Up? Keep Wesbury in Mind for Your Rehabilitation
Providing rehabilitation service has become more challenging as postsurgical patients are being discharged from hospitals sooner than ever before. Advances in the healthcare industry, therapy options and in-home services now enable more individuals to get well and transition back to home. Annually, 60% of Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center residents are discharged upon healing. Wesbury’s rehabilitation is provided by an on-site team employed by Alliance Rehab/HVA.
They embrace these changes with open arms by utilizing a variety of advanced clinical procedures and modalities which are individually tailored to assist residents in achieving their optimal outcomes. In some cases, residents experience multiple admissions to Wesbury’s Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center over a period of years for therapy and strengthening services. This intermittent therapy enables them to remain in their homes much longer than would have been possible in the past.
Grace Rehabilitation and Health Center boasts a spacious, specially designed, fully equipped Therapy Suite where residents can practice cooking a meal or washing a load of laundry using actual equipment. These real life scenarios better prepare residents to make successful transitions to home. They also enjoy viewing one of many flat screen televisions while participating in exercise programs that have been custom designed by the therapy team. The team continues to advance in an unparalleled manner and provide services that are differentiated from all other providers in the area by offering specialized equipment and staff training for treating additional care issues such as wounds and incontinence. They focus on customer service, receiving outstanding reviews in both resident and client satisfaction surveys.
Think Wesbury’s Short-Term Rehabilitation for your recovery needs.
- Private accommodations with private bath
- Pre-surgical reservations are available
- Natural Awakening allows residents to start the day when they are ready
- Flexible therapy schedules
- Flexible meal times
- Dedicated admission and discharge coordination
- Social Service Coordinators offer assistance beyond care needs
- Physician appointment coordination
- On-site laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Pharmacist review of medications
- Life Enrichment coordinators plan exercise, art and music programs and monthly outings and events
- Full time Chaplain, church services and spiritual care
- Pet therapy
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Transportation assistance available
- Wesbury’s Grace Health Center is V.A. approved and participates in most major HMO programs.